It’s winter and we all got a bit more passive. No wonder, the temperature outside is freezing and with the snow and cold wind we don’t really feel like doing anything. Having a warm tea and snuggle up under a blanket is all we dream of all day long. But then one day we try to put on our jeans and…. Oops, they are way too tight! Is there anything we can do to lose the chubby fat on your tummy and turn your stomach flat without leaving home?
You can turn your stomach flat using nothing else but a yoga mat! There are many yoga exercises that you can carry out on your yoga mat to flatten your belly AND warm yourself up on those cold winter days. The benefits go way beyond your stomach flat. Those yoga poses will also energize you and help you boost your immune system to fight all the viruses there are to come in spring.
Try those out:
1. The Pavanamuktasana
- Lie flat on your back on your yoga mat.
- Bend your knees and bring them up to your chest in a way that your thighs are touching your stomach.
- Hug your knees and lock your fingers to keep them in place.
- Lift your head until your nose touches your knees.
- Take a deep breath and hold this position for at least thirty seconds before returning to your starting position to do another Pavanamuktasana.
Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUJa5YiBUOc
2. The Bhujangasana
- Lie down and roll onto your stomach.
- Place your hands underneath your shoulders.
- Use your back muscles to raise your upper torso off of the ground.
- Your head will obtain an upright position.
- Don’t push yourself up with your hands because you need to use your back muscles for this exercise.
- Hold this position for thirty seconds and then do it again.
Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFGWkxfaMIY
These two poses are very easy to implement and you can do it while watching your favorite TV series! The only thing you need is a yoga mat and a bit of spare time. Not much, right? So, no more excuses! Lay your yoga mat on the floor, play your favorite episode and get to those asanas to make your stomach flat!
About to buy a yoga mat? Make sure you chose the one that doesn’t harm you. Read: http://www.houseexercises.com/wondering-cheap-yoga-mat-safe.html